We are very pleased to welcome you to our website where you will discover a great deal of information about our gallery and also about its activities and publications.
Originally founded in London 40 years ago, the G. Sarti Gallery relocated to Paris in 1996 to the elegant surroundings of an “hôtel particulier” in the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré.
With our wealth of experience we have earned a reputation as one of the most renowned experts in early Italian paintings, furniture and objets d’art, from the 13th to the 18th centuries. However, with our particular speciality in 13th – to 15th – century Italian pictures, we are the only dealers qualified by the Conseil National des Experts Spécialisés (C.N.E.S.) in this field.
The G. Sarti Gallery maintains an active exhibition program. All our exhibitions are accompanied by a bilingual catalogue that provides extensive information about each piece presented. These bring many visitors to our gallery – collectors as well as simple art lovers – who are all warmly welcomed. On this website you can obtain regularly updated information on forthcoming events programmed by our gallery. We have been able to assist numerous private clients in creating or completing their collections. In addition, many of our works of art have found homes in European and American museums.
Should you have any comments about our site, or wish to seek advice, please do not hesitate to contact us or come to the Gallery, where you will always be welcome.
Waiting for this moment, you will find below all the links to read (or reread) the various articles that we recently published on 14th and 15th Italian paintings.
- Tableau du jour : « The Master of the Straus Madonna »
- Virtual exhibition : « Following the silken thread »
- Tableau du jour : « Jacopo di Paolo »
- Tableau du jour : “Maestro di Marradi”
- Tableau du jour : “Paolo di Giovanni Fei – History of a collection”
- Virtual exhibition : “Masters of gold”
- Tableau du jour : “Andrea da Bologna”
- Tableau du jour : “The Treasure of Nola”
- Virtual exhibition : “Love, Marriage and Cassoni”
- Tableaux du jour : “A third journey to Bologna with Simone dei Crocifissi”
- Tableaux du jour : “The influence of the old masters on modern artists – a study of two paintings of Saint Sebastian”